Thursday, May 6, 2010

Inside My Carry On


Anytime when I mention my next trip, the most frequent question by friends and family is “What do I bring in my carry on?”

I have actually gotten to the point where I try to always travel with only carry on luggage. But if I must check a bag and  am connecting flights, I always bring a second set of clothes and PJs – just in case my bags miss their connection. Here’s what I always travel with:

My standard carry on bag is black 19” Travel-pro. It is not that fancy but it is a well loved piece that pretty much goes with me on every trip!

In this modern age, technology must haves are my iPhone, Shure earbuds, my iPad for reading books and e-magaiznes and watching movies, and a Canon G10 camera which takes awesome videos too. I sometimes I will bring my  MacBook laptop  and the larger Canon 7D.

Non-technology must haves are one physical magazine, large spare ziploc bag, a few zip ties,  I always bring a pashmina wrap in my bag, which doubles as a pillow, sarong, a shoulder or knees cover in religious building, sunblock, and scarf of course!

Must bring beauty products are lip balm, eye drops, BB cream which doubles as moisturizer and makeup, travel size intensive hand cream, hand sanitizer, emergency nail file and clippers. Let’s not forget the survival kit of band-aids, moles skin, handwash powder, sunglasses and Ibuprofen.  Plus, I always bring a few snacks like trail mix, peppermints and buy a large water to have on hand after passing TSA.

What are your favorite carry on items?

No comments:

Post a Comment