Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Vancouver, Here I Am


Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal
Today, I am traveling to Vancouver for the Cruise Line International Association (CLIA) 360, an annual event. This event offers ship inspections, educational sessions and networking opportunities that are specific to the cruise industry.

My hotel of choice is the Fairmont Waterfrontbeing just steps aways from Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal. It is also within walking distance to the central business district, Gastown, Robson Street, Pacific Center shopping mall, and the Vancouver Art Gallery. In the back of my mind I am thinking, who has time for a convention when I could be exploring the seawall to Stanley Park, a 1000 acre park in the center of the city and larger than New York City’s Central Park? So much to do and so little free time.

Personally, I am excited because it has been several years since I moved from Seattle to Dallas. Frankly, I really miss the scenic views of snow covered mountains, oceans, evergreens and the very cosmopolitan vibe. Don’t get me wrong, I like Dallas but it is very different from the Pacific Northwest! In Dallas, June means we are already in the mid to upper 90’s every day, where Vancouver is forecasting low 60’s for their highs. I also look forward to the amazing assortment of fruits and veggies along with a nice fresh piece of Salmon.  I digress.
Vancouver Canada

Professionally, I am excited because this is when I can learn at a rapid rate about ALL the cruise lines that I am most interested in – up close and personal,  meet the reps I have not met face to face yet and strengthen those networking connections.  Celebrating 4 days of cruise information.  Cruising is not a big business for nothing!

In a very few short days, some of my favorite clients are departing on a week long cruise in Alaska on American Safari Cruises. What a great birthday gift they are enjoying! With so many kinds of cruising from River Cruising like I just did in Europe, to Small Ship Cruising, Classic and Large Ship Cruising. I can guarantee there is something for everyone! The key is in knowing the brands and what they offer in order to best match each traveler to the perfect ship and itinerary.

What is your favorite part about cruising?

No comments:

Post a Comment